The computer animation option area accepts applications during spring semester only.
- General Education Program and Requirements
- Major Requirements (39 hours)
- Core Courses: ART 100(3), ART 300(3); MED 290(3), MED 365(3); MUS 216(3); 6-hour sequence from ART 498(3) or MED 498(3)
- Choose one of the following options (18 hours):
- Audio Studies: See Department of Media, Journalism & Film section of catalog
- Computer Animation Studies: ART 230(3); MED 465(3) or 466(3); select 12 hours with advisor approval: ART 330(3), 331(3), 430(3), 431(3), 432(3-6), 399(3-6)
- Interactive New Media Studies: See Department of Media, Journalism & Film section of catalog
- Video Studies: See Department of Media, Journalism & Film section of catalog
Successful completion of the junior portfolio review and the achievement of a "C" or better grade in all required option courses completed at the time of the junior portfolio review must be achieved before admission to ART 498/MED 498, Senior Project in Electronic Arts, will be granted.
- Public Affairs Capstone (PAC) Experience – all students are required to complete a three hour PAC by completing one of the following options:
ART 498 – senior thesis project is directly related to cultural competence, community engagement, and/or ethical leadership issues. The PA component of the senior project will be defined specifically when the senior project is approved by the faculty team teaching the course.
Study Away Experience – a study away experience of at least three hours will automatically meet the PAC requirement. Students will be expected to address issues related to cultural competency in their self-reflective report at the end of the study away experience.
ART 399 – a three hour independent study will meet the PAC requirement when it involves a substantial component involving community engagement or cultural competency.
- Minor Required. Note: No more than 6 hours may count for both the major and the minor.
- General Baccalaureate Degree Requirements