Advisors guide your academic path and help you stay on track to graduate.
How do you get an advisor?
It’s a two-part process.
- Declare your major at the Academic Advising and Transfer Center.
- Contact our program to have an advisor assigned to you. Your advisor will have knowledge in your interest area.
Request an advisor
Meet for class registration
Until you complete 75 credit hours, you must meet with your advisor once a semester to register for classes.
Afterward, you should meet with your advisor once a semester until you graduate.
Forgot your assigned advisor?
Access your advisor's information through the Student tab on My Missouri State. You should meet with your advisor at least once a semester until you graduate.
Set up an appointment with the Transfer Center.
They will help you determine:
- The credits you can transfer.
- What requirements you have left to complete.
- If you can get a head-start and take online courses at Missouri State while enrolled at your current school.
You will have a custom transfer plan to complete your degree in a timely fashion.
If you have an Associate of Arts degree, you can usually complete an MSU degree in two years if you take 15 credit hours per semester.