Electronic Arts Pre-Admission Core (12 hrs)
(Candidates must complete 3 of these courses before applying to the program.)
- ART 100/110: Two Dimensional Design (3) (required for animation studies)
- MUS 216: Introduction to Audio Techniques (3) (required for audio studies)
- MED 290: Introduction to Multimedia Design (3) (required for interactive new media studies)
- MED 365: Media Design and Production (3) (required for video studies)
Electronic Arts Core (7 hrs)
(Required of all admitted majors)
- ART 300: Fundamentals of Collaboration in Electronic Arts (3)
- MED/ART 498: Senior Thesis Project (2) (Repeat for two consecutive semesters for a total of 4 hours.)
- The pre-admission core must be completed with a "B" (3.0) average, or better.
- Prospective majors must complete the pre-admission core course in the program area to which they are applying.
- All four of these core classes must eventually be completed by all EA majors.
- Majors must pass the Junior Portfolio Review in ART 300 before taking MED/ART 498.
- ART 230: Computer Animation I (3)
- MED 465: Principles of Cinematography and Editing (3)
- Select 12 Hours with advisor approval
- MED 390: Website Design and Construction (3)
- MED 462: TV and Film Producing (3)
- MED 463: Writing Adaptations for TV and Film (3)
- MED 464: Genre Writing for TV and Film (3)
- MED 466: Advanced Editing (3)
- MED 492: Independent Study in Electronic Media (3)
- MED 562: Digital Filmmaking (3)
- MED 565: Screenwriting (3)
- MED 595: Media Internship (1 - 3)