Electronic Arts Pre-Admission Core (12 hrs)
(Candidates must complete 3 of these courses before applying to the program.)
- ART 100: Two Dimensional Design (3) (required for Animation studies)
- MUS 216: Introduction to Audio Techniques (3) (required for Audio studies)
- MED 290: Fundamentals of Multimedia Design (3) (required for Interactive New Media studies)
- MED 365: Digital Film and Media Production (3) (required for Video studies)
Electronic Arts Core (7 hrs)
(Required of all admitted majors)
- ART 300: Fundamentals of Collaboration in Electronic Arts (3)
- MED/ART 498: Senior Thesis Project (2) (Repeat for two consecutive semesters for a total of 4 hours.)
- The pre-admission core must be completed with a "B" (3.0) average, or better.
- Prospective majors must complete the pre-admission core course in the program area to which they are applying.
- All four of these core classes must eventually be completed by all EA majors.
- Majors must pass the Junior Portfolio Review in ART 300 before taking MED/ART 498.
Computer Animation Studies
- ART 230: Computer Animation I (3)
- MED 465: Principles of Cinematography and Editing (3)
- Select 12 Hours with advisor approval
- ART 330: Computer Animation II (3)
- ART 331: Computer Animation III (3)
- ART 430: Computer Animation IV (3)
- ART 431: Professional Practices in Computer Animation (3)
- ART 432: Computer Animation V (3)
- ART 399: Individual Instruction (3 - 6)